Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Worth the Wait

Now this is the post that I can write with a relaxing tone. I've waited to post this since the start of deer season.

I have finally put a tag on a great nine point that has been all over the trail cameras that I've put out. This is one of the only deer that I've put glass to the night before a hunt and taken the very next day. He is the one I set out to get, put a plan together and completed the goal. I love it when a plan comes together like this. he delayed his entry into the field a bit, but I was happy to wait.

It is also pretty cool that I completed an all day sit to get on him. I knew if I didn't get in early there was no shot at this deer. Their bedding area was within 130 yards of where I sat so I crept in early and sat, waiting for this guy to step out.

I forgot one major tip that I wrote about, which made the hunt more difficult. Pack a lunch. I don't think I've ever eaten that much at dinner ever before. I think I about starved waiting on this guy. Here are some photos we took of him and a before picture. What a great animal. Now, it is time to relax a bit more.