Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vegas Walkin

Last week I spent a few days in blistering hot Las Vegas. I stepped in my hotel room at New York, New York at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and quickly decided it was a great time to run the strip. With running up and down stairs I traversed the strip in its entirety - with no water. This is possibly the dumbest thing you could do in 110 degree weather. I mean are you kidding me? I should know better, but I didn't listen to my body and it bit me in the end.

I really felt ill the rest of the trip. Something just didn't seem right with my body. But, knowing me like you two do, I woke up at 5:00 and ran the same trip. All-in-all each run was about 6.5 miles of running. You know, now that I think about it, I didn't see any other idiots running in the afternoon.

So, I did my fair share of exercising while in Vegas, and I didn't gamble all that much. It was mostly one night for about two hours then I was finished. I spent quite a bit of my time just walking around the strip looking at stuff to buy. I bought Jett a Yankees cap just like mine, yet when I showed it to him it was like I fed him a carrot. He despises those things, and apparently the Yankees hat.

I did have a chance to do a coney crawl to compare which hot dog is better, Nathan's or Pink's. The winner? Neither lit me up with zeal, but overall I think Pink's won out for there super sized dogs, paired with the pint-sized buns. Way to go Pink's on winning the dog crawl of Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be sure not to make the same mistake on my trip to Vegas :)