Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day was a great event. Julie let me sleep in a bit, and got me the perfect card. She also got me a iTunes gift card, which is being used up quickly.

Father's Day, not to be equal to Mother's Day, is really a day that has been lost to me until becoming a dad. It is a day that I was able to reflect on my role as a father, and how instrumental my dad was in shaping me to become that dad.

It truly is a pleasure to know that my dad was there for me. He disciplined me religiously and set m straight when straightening was necessary - all to often. I can only hope that I become the same kind of man my Father and grandfathers were.

However, Father's Day should also be a reflection of the women that put up with dads. I understand the ladies have their own day, but they should be celebrated more often than that. Julie puts up with alot and she to has set me straight a time or two. She keeps me in line and makes me want to be the man she deserves and the father to Jett that she expects.

Thanks babe for a great day.

No comments: