Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hell Week is GONE!

So last week was literally what I nicknamed "Hell Week." It did not disappoint either. First of all halfway through the week I get a nasty cold. My week's run calendar looked like this.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 5 Miles
Wednesday - 10 Miles
Thursday - 5 Miles
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest (Supposed to be Cross Train, but I was sick)
Sunday - 20 Miles

That's right and full 40 miles in one week.

You know honestly I didn't do to bad on the long run. It was tough, but it was 20 miles. I took a couple of breaks to grab a water and use the restroom. But, overall it was a great run.

I felt about 80 percent if I was being honest, which is frustrating because I wanted to be 100 percent. I was sick a few days before the long run and on the day of the run so I will take it for what it is.

I am fully ready and capable to run the 26.2 miles of joy that I have sneaking up on me. In a few weeks I will cross the finish line that I have worked so hard to complete. I truly can't wait to stretch my legs out on the pavement of downtown OKC.

A huge help in this entire process has been my gorgeous, supportive wife. She has watched me struggle through the miles and has not questioned why I am doing this marathon. She understands what drives me and why it means so much to me.

I just came up with a new outlook for my training. I am really running this marathon for the family member I lost in 2009. A big part of the run is my Uncle that lost his fight with adrenal cancer. Since I am running for 2009, leading up to the marathon I will eclipse 365 miles that I have chosen to represent the entire year that was lost.

Many of the thoughts race through my mind are random, but one thing is constant - FINISH.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know Uncle Kim is proud of you right now.