Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Losing Myself

When I started this training program I though I would lose maybe 15 pounds. But, as it turns out I have lost 21 thus far. It is amazing how hard work and determination pay off in the end. I bet I actually end up losing at least a few more pounds too. I like the weight loss. It shows that I am not to old to be in peak physical conditioning.

This morning I ran 10 miles. I won't lie, my body is starting to feels the pains of running all these miles. My knee is starting to stiffen up after my long runs and as much as I stretch it still gets achy.

My training partner is kind of upset because while I am shredding the pounds he has no lost a single pound. This goes to show effort I believe. I have put twice as much effort into the training program and set goals that I have surpassed. Not saying that he has not put in the work because he has. He's dealt with travel, injuries and an unhealthy mindset.

The turning point through this entire process is the day I started speaking in positives and gave up the negatives. The power of positive thinking and speaking has overcome many miles. Not only that, the thought of finishing strong is something I live for. In everything I do I want to finish the race and think to myself; well Kevin, you gave it your all and you never quite giving it 100 percent. That is pretty cheesy, but if you look at it shouldn't that be the goal in life, especially our christian lives?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

21 pounds is impressive! It's obvious you've given 100% thru your entire training program.