Monday, March 15, 2010

An Easy 12

Did I ever think I could look at 12 continuous miles and say I am going to run that? I don't think so. This is a mere drop in the bucket compared to a full marathon, but I can run these distances without becoming very winded at all. They are easy runs and anything up to 17 miles I feel very comfortable with running.

I don't think I've ever been in this kind of condition? Even when I was a spry high schooler could I even think of running anything longer than 2 miles. It is amazing what the body is capable of.

My concerns now is finishing in an acceptable time, according to my judgement of course. MY training partner has cut out running for the next few weeks to take care of a nagging runner's knee, and I continue on to build up those miles. I am very worried that he will slow the pace down to where it is difficult for me to run with him. I want to finish with him, but that seems like it really won't happen. This weekend is an 18-miler. I don't think it will be too awful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how much your outlook has changed in a few weeks! Great job. Love ya'.