Monday, March 22, 2010

Thoughts on 18.

So many things going on in my life right now, but the all encompassing training for the OKC Memorial Marathon has taken up the majority of time in my spare time. Last Thursday I ran a complete, non-stop 18 miles and it really wasn't all that bad. I seriously doubt the marathon will have the elevation changes that the 18 miler had. I got to mile 12 and 13 easily, but it slowly started to wear on me at that point. I ran up a solid two miles of hills at that point. Actually, it felt like mountains instead of hills.

I think I am on track to finish the marathon in under 4 hours, which would be amazing. Especially since I don't consider myself an expert runner. I think that would be some time. That may become a realistic goal that I may set my sights upon. I get to run a total of 30 miles this week and the following week is what I have deemed "Hell Week." It is a week that I will run a total of 40 miles in one single week. It seems like a bunch but I can handle it no problem.

It is funny the reactions that I get when I tell them I am running the marathon. Most questions are why?, and I tell them that it is a goal that I have personally set to complete for my uncle and grandfathers that I lost in 2009. So in a sense I am running for 09.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think anyone has to be a little crazy to train for a marathon, but I understand why you're doing it. I'm ready to cheer you on at the finish line!