Monday, March 8, 2010

Training Update

As both of you know I have been training for a marathon. It has been easy going. I know it is hard to believe, but I have been keeping up with the plan as expected. However, I don't feel I have had my diet in complete check. I try to eat meals that give me more energy and replaces all the good stuff I loose during my long runs, but I still think I could perform better if I ate smarter. Heck if I knew more I'd be one step closer.

Last weekend I ran 16.5 miles in one go round. This is significant because it was the point where during a marathon I get to start counting in the single digits. WOW! Mentally, I've been doing much better. I think alot of it has to do with a bunch of prayer.

My wife will be publishing her book. She received the news last week and I couldn't be more proud of her. This is a lifelong dream of hers and it is coming true. She is truly an inspiration to me and she is a shining example that if you put your mind to a dream don't give up because God never forgets a dream.

It is funny because she never thought it would happen, but I think God had some faith in her as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did it delete my comment? I love the first line of your post. Thanks. Writing a book is kind of like running a marathon.

Unknown said...

You are wrong. Running a marathon is nothing like writing a book. Nike won't be picking up my legs and make money off of them. But a publisher choosing your book out of literally thousands is a feat in itself. Think about it. Anyone can go out and train and finish a marathon. Not everyone can be chosen for their book and have a request to come up with two additional books because they loved the first one so much.