Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Marthoner in Training

The training is going great. It is funny about what gets me motivated to get through my training. The other day it was a guy's 2009 OKC Memorial Marathon shirt, the other day it was a OKC Memorial Marathon commercial and today was pushing through the pain in my shin. I am sure it came from my new shoes that I wore during my 3-mile run yesterday.

Most of what gets me through is why I am running it - for all those I lost in 2009. Both Grandfathers and my Uncle passed away last year and it still hangs heavy on my heart. They push me on and I recently found out where I get my drive to run.

Apparently my dad's father was quite the runner. He would run from his house to town and back each day for work. I would guess it was probably a 9 mile run one way. I am also going after the fact that I will be the only one in my family or extended to family, of my knowledge, to run a full marathon. I think that is pretty cool. It has a cool factor for my kids and the rest of my family legacy.

No comments: