Monday, February 15, 2010

UggggH!

No wonder they call it the dreadmill. I ran 13 miles on it Saturday and really didn't like it. Seriously, it was a terrible experience. This week I have to run 3, 7, 4 and 10 miles. I will also tack on some weight training with that.

Training for anything, especially a marathon, takes time out of my day that I honestly don't want to give up. The end result is worth it though.

Saturday, made me start doubting my ability to finish the race. I know I can do it as long as I push through for all the right reasons, but the human body isn't designed to go 26.2 miles. ALmost as shocking as that is that I hear about people running ultra-marathons. These people are ridiculous.

My Valentines day was great. The house got cleaned up and Julie made me brownies. I am eating healthy, but with the way I am logging the miles, whose to say I can't have a few treats now and again?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My body may not be designed to go 26.2, but your's is. You're doing awesome!

iheartfootloose said...

you can do it! doubt should have no place in that head of yours!