Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Ugly Side

There is an ugly side to many marriages most of us encounter at some point in our lives..... divorce. I've been encountering the d word more and more with every couple Julie and I become friends with. I even have a few family members that don't seem to be immune to divorce.

This truly is an epidemic that our country is facing and there is no end in sight. It tears families apart and dries a thick line through the sand between wrong and wrong. Some cases are more drastic than others, but to be so petty and selfish to destroy an entire family that was built on a rock, which quickly turned to a sand is ridunculous.

Where exactly do things take a turn for the worse? Is it the husband that becomes disinterested in his wife or is it the wife that doesn't feel emotionally connected? Is it possible to turn back once a couple sniffs the freedom after talking about separation? I think much of the problem is the church attendance log. Many couples aren't built to last because they haven't started in the right place. However, it is possible, through close friends, to be grounded in the church then to lose faith in God and each other.

Leaning on the edge of preachy, it is hard for me to imagine a life without Julie and Jett. They are my family and in many ways my driving force behind who I am. to turn my back on them would be an insult to God. He lined them up for me and that is exactly what I intend to do - see this to the end.

Marriages do work in our country and can stand the test of trials and turmoil, but only if they continue to be strong on faith in God.

No comments: