Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time

I really don't know what this Christmas season has in store? I know it will be filled with good times, but with my grandads and uncle gone there will be some sadness and something missing that always brightened my season.

I honestly can't wait to see how Jett reacts to presents this year. Last year he was kind of just sitting there wide eyed and in awe of his cousins and their demolition of wrapping paper. I wonder if he will be cautious or jump right in and go to ripping off paper. If I had to put money on it I would say he will ease into the process. He is his momma's boy and she never jumps right into something new. Whereas his dad jumps at the drop of the hat.

I put up Christmas lights early, but it made my wife happy and that is really all that matters. We are actually on top of things this year and getting everything done early, which helps the process rather than waiting till the last minute. I love this time of year. I usually have a nightcap that consists of a small bit of egg nog, 1% milk and Captain Morgan Private Stock. It has to be one of the greatest drinks, but I only like it with Private Stock. It is a must try. I may have one tonight.

This hunting season is almost to a close. I have filled the all important buck tags and didn't waste time on the does for right now. I may go out with my brother this weekend and see if I can get him on a deer. Who knows, maybe I will put down another doe.

No comments: