Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Alone

Last night was my Aunt's first night alone since my uncle passed away. I wanted to drive out and stay with her, but I know she must begin this journey by herself. I know she can do it, but it will be such an adjustment without my Uncle being there to care for her.

When a person encounters death around him/her it really gets you to start thinking about your own mortality and what lies ahead for your family. I have been thinking about what ifs and what would life be like if I wasn't here? It is horrible to think, but we must live with the realization that this body is only temporary. I honestly stand in the exact footsteps that my aunt stood in years ago; not able to comprehend what life would hold without their spouse.

I have come to the point where I don't think I could manage everyday life without Julie. She is the rock that I lean against and that is a bit scary to think about. I know that she will out live me though. She just has that kind of fight in her. Plus, good looks get you farther down the line I'm sure.

Please pray for my aunt that she will continue to be strong and find meaning amidst the confusion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm praying for her. I know it's tough. I don't know how I'd make it without you either. I don't even want to think about it. Love ya.