Monday, November 9, 2009

New Songs and New Thoughts

You will notice a few songs have been deleted and some that have been added. They are by design a reflection of what is going on in my life right now. Deleting a few songs, I found a release that I've needed. Those songs reminded me of the sadness I've felt for my Uncle Kim and the loss of my Grandpa. I still feel the sadness, but I know they are in a far better place where pain does not creep in to steal away their joy.

The new songs are an outlook of better things on the horizon. They are a call to better myself in all areas of my life. Changing the way I think, they will drive me throughout my days.

Yesterday at my church they began a drive, actually about a week ago, that has left me questioning the leadership and guidance of the members. One of the lines in the bulletin is "Empowering a community to end generational poverty. Yet, where it ask a person where to give it gives you the option to give from a credit card. Does this seem wrong to anybody but me? How can we empower people to live a life without poverty when the biggest form of poverty is debt? Our church even did a message over Dave Ramsey. I am appalled that we would ask someone to go into debt over an event that is attempting to rid a community of its financial woes.

God is really speaking to me to voice my concern. I know it will upset some people, but I need some clarification as to why we would ask for this. I love our church. This is where God has called us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you felt called to say something, I'm glad you carried that out. Even if it doesn't change anything, something needed to be said.