Thursday, August 12, 2010

Age

So I have hit the big 31. It isn't really that scary, but actually it is very exciting for me. Thus far, during my 30s, I have exceeded any level of fitness that I once possessed. That does include running my first marathon in 4 hours.

I have a great family and great job. Yes sir, life seems to be going swimmingly. I haven't had as many illnesses or body aches, and with any luck if I keep working out it will stay that way.

Age really isn't a restriction any more. I remember hearing that once you reach 30 its downhill, but I think the opposite is true. The older I get the more active I seem to be. Now, that is not counting the night life because we all know the body consumes and stores alcohol much differently. The hangovers are worse with less consumption, but I think that is a good thing.

I have much to do today. Julie an I are going to meet with the pastor of a relatively new church that we've been attending, which is completely amazing. We aren't entirely sold on it yet, but it is very tempting to completely commit to Summit Church.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you can transition from hangovers to church so seamlessly. :) I'm 30 and probably in the best shape I've ever been in, and I owe most of that to you!