Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Gym

It is always entering the gym after New Years. I like to take bets in my mind about how long folks will stick around. Usually it is about two months and they start tapering off.

I am attempting to get back into the routine and I truly have been noticing a difference in my workouts and how the day starts when I have a good one. The day seems shorter and brighter, although it is like 20 degrees and overcast outside. I am running my 2 mile quicker than a week ago, which is good considering marathon training begins in three weeks.

I am looking forward to starting the training, but am dreading the travel that I will be doing while on the training. I will have to pick up the pace when I am on the road because I don't want to get behind in my training.

I haven't looked at the training for a while, partly because I don't want to get intimidated by how much running is involved. I understand that it is building up to running 26.2 miles, but my gosh that is a ton of running.

No comments: