Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another Caller

I have successfully pulled off another anonymous call. It all comes down to people not getting their new numbers to me.

This particular person was in the nursing home so I shot him a text message letting him know that I heard he was going into surgery and I'll be praying for him. Here is how that call went down.

KJ: Hello
Unknown Caller: Hey man, how are you doing today. (I now realize it isn't the guy I text messaged)
KJ: I'm good, just taking it easy. How are you doing?
UC: I'm good, I didn't have the surgery.
KJ: Well That's a relief. Cody said he thought you were going to have it today.
UC: No, they decided not to so I am back in the nursing home. What are you doing.
KJ: Just working hard, It is tough to do around the holidays.
UC: That's great. Are you makin money or losing money?
KJ: I'm always losing money. I never know where it is going.
UC: That is pretty good. Well I appreciate you checking in on me.
KJ: Anytime, I am happy to do it.
UC: Talk to you soon.

This is just how it goes with me. I can find out early that I have no clue who it is, but I just ride it out. Why take away the joy of getting to talk to me?

No comments: