Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Under Armour Ridge Reaper Camo

I've worn a bunch of camouflage over the past 20+ years of hunting, and some have been better than others. I started out my young hunting career wearing the old tree bark camo coveralls. These were a thin garment with little protection from wind.

Luckily, Under Armour has figured out a way to take care of all my needs. The Under Armour Ridge Reaper Jacket and Pant have really streamlined my hunting clothing. It kind of reminds me of the days when I work the tree bark coveralls except far more benefits.

One of the most important benefits of the system is the UA Scent Control. Sure, you should hunt the wind, but that doesn't always work. Especially if you are on an elk hunt in the mountains and you suddenly feel the wind glance across your neck. Never a good feeling, but if properly taken care of the UA Ridge Reaper system can take care of odors that collect on the body.

The Ridge Reaper get up is wind- and water-resistant, which means it keeps you a bit warmer and more dry than other suits in the line. last year I walked through a thunderstorm with a different scent-control system and was drenched within seconds. The UA Ridge Reaper gear really stands above the rest.

Under Armour has a storied history of slimming clothes down and wicking away moisture from the body. This camouflaged clothing does just that. I am able to wear less clothes, yet remain comfortable and still draw a bow silently in any season.

Overall, this is by far one of the top systems on the market. Really rate this one high because of its function and durability in the field. If you have an opportunity to try this one out do it. You won't be disappointed.

Scent Saving Tip - Hunter Specialties Earth Scent Wafers are the perfect way to hide odors. I put three wafers in my truck a week before season and replace them midway through. This is to eliminate and mask odors that are normally residing in my truck. I can get dressed at the camp site and get in my truck, knowing it smells just like it has just taken a dirt bath.



If you are further north you may want to try the cedar wafers.

1 comment:

Julie Jarnagin said...

That's why you smell so good when you come home ;)