Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Wish List

All of us make lists in some form or fashion. I remember as a little kid scouring the JC Penney catalog along with the Toys R Us catalog looking for the perfect gift, for me of course. Funny, I still do this to this day.

Every time I get a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops catalog in I instantly start gleaming with anticipation about what new products I have to try. Currently on my desk sits a nice brochure from NRA Outdoors.

It is filled with fishing trips, hunting expeditions and just about any other kind of adventure that you can think of. There are salmon trips, pheasant outings, turkey hunts and all manny of critters we can go pursue. This got me thinking about what my top 5 destinations be if I wasn't limited by funding or anything else. What would I be chasing. Here it is.

Top 5 Hunts
 1) Kamchatka Brown Bear Hunt (Archery) - I want to smell that suckers breathe right before the release. This is not for the faint of heart. I would, of course, need to pack an extra pair of shorts.

 2) Yukon Moose Hunt (Archery) - This is way up there given the incredible size of these animals. Truly an amazing animal that requires a well placed arrow.

 3) Alaskan Wolf Hunt (Archery/Firearm) - There is almost nothing that compares to this calculated predator. These are the ultimate predators. This has been on my list for quite some time.

 4) New Mexico Elk Hunt (Archery) - There are some great trophy elk hunts all around the world, but New Mexico holds some big boys. Plus, it is within ear shot of Oklahoma so access is more manageable.

 5) Saskatchewan Whitetail (Archery) - Two things I love about this hunt. It would be in the snow and it is chasing my favorite quarry - whitetail. I've taken deer in very cold conditions, but never snow. There is also the mystique of hunting where the next world record could possibly step out.

So this is my list, what hunts or fishing adventures would you like to devour? Remember, money is no object on these wish list hunts.

No comments: