Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Totally Committed

I am totally committed to the OKC Memorial Marathon. They have my money so I've gone all-in for my first marathon.

It is a bit unsettling to think that I will be running 26.2 miles of street. Nervous, intimidated or frightened all come to mind when thinking about the long arduous run. I have issues with running two miles, let alone 26.2 miles. That is a feat unto itself and I am going into it with the idea of finishing it. I don't mind stopping and walking if that is needed.

My main motivator is my Uncle. I lost him and it has been horrible coming to grips with the fact that I can't talk to him anymore. I ran the half-marathon last year for him and his fight against adrenal cancer, but he lost that fight, so I am going to take up the full marathon in remembrance.

I know he would be excited to hear that I am doing the marathon, but would probably ask if something was chasing me. Uncle Kim loved to get outdoors and stay active, so hopefully this will also serve as a learning tool for Jett. If I can finish this, there is no reason he to can set his mind to something and complete it, knowing that he did everything possible.

Training starts Jan.1, and a new diet will start after I return from Vegas.

No comments: